The Coalition For Improved Dog Ownership Standards – C-fidos – is a not for profit officially affiliated partner of the Pet Owners Parliament.
The organisation is set up to work on initiatives that directly lead to the general improvement of dog ownership standards in the United Kingdom.
There are 7 founding principles and all work done by C-fidos is performed in common with these principles:
1) That dogs and society in the UK would benefit from a nation of better informed dog owners
2) That dog related legislation should be fair and not based on breed type
3) That the UK should strive to address and reduce the number of dogs surrendered to shelters
4) That all dog owners should be made aware of the principles of the Animal Welfare Act
5) That all potential dog owners should be better informed as to how to select responsible suppliers of dogs
6) That irresponsible suppliers and producers of dogs should be properly legislated against
7) That educating young people about dogs is to the great benefit of dogs and society in the future